Supporting someone who is doing it tough

If you’re worried about the mental health of a colleague, friend or family member, you can get support. It can be difficult to seek help but in most cases the sooner you reach out for support, the better.

You may want to discuss your concerns with a friend that you can trust.

Your family doctor can also be a good starting point – they can confidentially discuss your concerns with you and provide you with information on specialised services if you need additional support.

If you or someone else need emergency support, please call Lifeline (131 114) which is a 24-hour crisis helpline or dial ‘000' for the police or an ambulance.